Sawgrass Nature Center’s “CAMP WILD”
An Environmental Camp for Kids 6-12 yrs.
Education is a cornerstone of the Sawgrass Nature Center & Wildlife Hospital– “In the end, we will conserve only what we love, we will love only what we understand, and we will understand only what we are taught”.
Camp Wild programs inspire an appreciation of South Florida’s unique environment and wildlife through fun, hands-on activities. Each day of camp features new lessons, games, encounters with live animals, and nature crafts. Kids will overcome fears and learn to safely explore the wild world around them. Our outdoor classroom, diverse wildlife, and wide range of activities and presenters make this camp a unique experience.
Get your registration here and send to email@example.com
June 13th to August 19th
$200/week for non-members & $180/week for members.
Camp is $50/day for the week of the 4th of July
A Fox Family membership is $50 and can also be purchased.
- Week 1 (June 13-17) – Rockin’ through the years — Rocks, Minerals, and Fossils
- Week 2 (June 20-24) – Water Wonders — Fresh water friends and ecosystems, salt water friends and ecosystems, fishing, & the water cycle
- Week 3 (June 27-July 1) – Flying around Town — Birds, Butterflies, and other winged creatures
- Week 4 (July 5-8)* – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle — Our impact on the environment, conservation, how to reduce waste, and creative ways to recycle
- Week 5 (July 11-15) – Everglades Explorers and Beyond — The different ecosystems of Florida
- Week 6 (July 18-22) – Mammal Mania — Mammals and North America’s one marsupial
- Week 7 (July 25-29)- Animal Tracking — Tracks, Scat, and other ways to track animals
- Week 8 (Aug 1-5) – Creeping and Crawling — Anthropods, Amphibians, and Reptiles oh my!
- Week 9 (Aug 8-12) – Webbed Life — The food chain and predatory adaptations
- Week 10 (Aug 15-19) – Growing Green — Plants, Gardens, and the way animals interact with plants
*no camp on July 4 – price reduced accordingly // week themes are subject to change
Camp may be cancelled if we do not have the minimum number of registered campers within ONE WEEK of the scheduled camp day(s)/week.
No refunds for camp will be made unless notice is given one full week in advance or camp is full. A $25 processing fee will be charged for all cancellations. A $15 fee will be added for late registration turned in after 3pm on the Saturday prior to the start of camp.
For more information, please call the Center at 954-752-WILD (9453), or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Camp Counselor Applications are now available. Please have them in to Robin by April 3rd!! Robin@sawgrassnaturecenter.org
Summer Camp CIT Applications are now available. Please have them in to Robin by April 3rd!!