Sawgrass Nature Center’s “CAMP WILD”
An Environmental Camp for Kids 6-12 yrs.
Education is a cornerstone of the Sawgrass Nature Center & Wildlife Hospital– “In the end, we will conserve only what we love, we will love only what we understand, and we will understand only what we are taught”.
Camp Wild programs inspire an appreciation of South Florida’s unique environment and wildlife through fun, hands-on activities. Each day of camp features new lessons, games, encounters with live animals, and nature crafts. Kids will overcome fears and learn to safely explore the wild world around them. Our outdoor classroom, diverse wildlife, and wide range of activities and presenters make this camp a unique experience.
For more information, please call the Center at 954-752-WILD (9453), or email us at email@example.com
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED!
Camp may be cancelled if we do not have the minimum number of registered campers within ONE WEEK of the scheduled Camp day(s).
Summer Camp 2014 Themes (subject to change)
- Week 1 (June 9-13) - What Creeps and Crawls – Arthropods, amphibians, and reptiles
- Week 2 (June 16-21) - Things with Wings – Birds, bats, and winged insects; pollinators
- Week 3 (June 23-27) - Fine-Furred Friends – Florida’s mammals (and opossums, too!)
- Week 4 (June 30-July 3)* - Who Eats Who? – Florida wildlife’s food web and predatory adaptations
- Week 5 (July 7-11) - Water, Water Everywhere – The water cycle, wetland ecosystems; fishing feat. Kristen Hoss of Tanawha Presents
- Week 6 (July 14-18) - Cycles of Life – Metamorphic cycles, natural history of Florida
- Week 7 (July 21-25)- Whose House Is This? – Habitats, burrowing and nest-building, environmental responsibility
- Week 8 (July 28-Aug 1) - Art in Nature – Camouflage, colors, textures, songs and sounds
- Week 9 (Aug 4-8) – X-Ray Vision – Looking inside soil, plants, animals, beehives
- Week 10 (Aug 11-15) - Growing Green – Gardens, seed bombs, and backyard habitats
*no camp on July 4 – price reduced accordingly
CIT Forms (ages 13 – 15) : Counselor In Training Package *
Counselor Forms (ages 16 – 17) : Counselor Package **
**our counselor slots are currently full, any additional applicants will be put on a waiting list